I’ve used this same recipe to make a roast, but this time I decided to make sausages instead. I steamed them too instead of boiling it then baking it. I also didn’t use the oil and butter the original recipe calls for. They were YUMMY! I ate it with this tasty sweet and spicy ginger sauce. Here it is…enjoy!
- 2 Cups vital wheat gluten
- ½ Cup bread crumbs (I toast Ezekiel bread then put it in the food processor to make the bread crumbs)
- ½ Cup nutritional yeast
- 1.5 Tablespoon dried thyme
- ½ large onion finely chopped (you can caramelize them, but I don’t. I just chop them very fine in the food processor)
- ½ Tablespoon kosher salt (optional)
- 2 Cups strong No Chicken, chicken stock
- 6 square pieces of foil
First mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the onions to the dry ingredients and mix.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until a loose batter forms. Get a handful of mixture and form into the shape of a sausage on a piece of foil. Roll up and twist ends (like a tootsie roll). Put in a steamer for 30 – 40 minutes.
Makes 6 sausages ~ Calories 193 each and under ½ gram fat