I just made this and it’s wonderful! I had to change it though. I didn’t use any oil (less fat) and I got the wrong seeds. It still turned out yummy! Here is the recipe (I got it online) and I put in the changes I made =)
Creamy Raw Caesar Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I didn’t use)
- juice of one lemon
- a pinch of cumin (I used 1/2 – 1 tsp)
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (I used 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 4 tablespoon water if necessary to thin (I used more water than that because I didn’t use any oil)
- sea salt (to taste)
- I also used about 1 tsp minced onion
Grind the seeds into a meal with a coffee grinder, chopper or blender.
Combine all ingredients and blend to liquefy. You should get a creamy texture.
Add more water to thin if necessary.
My Raw Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!
- 1 cup raw whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts (and some extra if you want to put on top)
- 10 large medjool dates (pitted ~ more or less depending on how moist they are)
- 1/2 cup raisins
Place whole rolled oats in food processor and blend till it is almost like a powder. I like to still have little pieces of the oats in things so I don’t leave it on for too long. Add the walnuts and the dates. Leave on till it’s the consistency you like. Remove and put in a bowl. Add raisins and mix with your hands. Form into cookies. I put a piece of walnut on each cookie, but you don’t have too. It doesn’t need any sweetener, but if you want them sweeter you can add a little raw agave nectar or sprinkle a little sugar in the raw on top. You can also add cinnamon and or dried cranberries. Oh, and cookie cutters would work nice with these! No sugar, no flour, no baking =) TaaaaDaaaa!!!